Champion Tipster : Rules
The rules of the World Wide Wilkes Champion Tipster competition are as follows:
- Each player must pick one horse each Saturday during the Champion Tipster season.
- The 2006 Champion Tipster season runs from 19 May 2007 through 11 August 2007.
- The selection can be from any of the days British race meetings.
- If any previous selection turned out to be a non-runner or if selections have been missed, then a player may pick two horses each week until the correct number of selections have been made (i.e. one per week of the season so far). This is called playing 'catch up'.
- At the end of the season, each player should have made 13 selections (one for every week of the season).
- The Saturday following the end of the season (i.e. 18 August 2007) is designated 'Overflow Day'. On this day, a player may pick as many horses as necessary to complete the required amount of selections.
- If a player has made the required amount of selections during the normal season, then no selections shall be made on Overflow Day.
- Apart from Overflow Day, no more than two selections can be made in any week and only one selection if not playing catch up.
- If more than one selection is made (e.g. on overflow day or because of playing catch up), the horses must come from different races.
- If a player still has not made the required number of selections after Overflow Day (e.g. because of non-runners) then they will finish the season that way and not be allowed to make any more selections.
- All selections must be made to me via email, SMS text, or phone before the official off time of the race the selection is from. Messages (textual and voice) that I deem to be unclear or ambiguous in anyway will be declared void and no selection will be entered for that week.
- The number of points awarded for each selection will be the return from a one point each way bet using standard betting rules. Points will be calculated and published on the WorldWideWilkes web site on a weekly basis.
- The winner of the Champion Tipster competition is the player with the most points at the end of the season.
- In the event of a tie on points the player with the higher number of wins will be deemed the winner.
- In the event of a tie on points and number of wins, the player with the higher number of places will be deemed the winner.
- In the event of a tie on points, number of wins and number of places, the player who made the most selections will be deemed the winner.
- In the event of a tie on points, number of wins, number of places and number of selections, the winner shall be decided by a tie break competition between the tied players.